Every local or small business wants to establish its brand in the market. The best way to create a brand for your small business is by using search engine optimization. SEO techniques through which you can get better and higher results in the search engine and also get better traffic for your site.
SEO is the reason your website ranks better on Google, and if you want every customer to know about you, you have to work on improving the SEO of your website or/and blog.
Here are simple techniques that can help you with SEO techniques for your small/local startup.
1. Work on optimizing the business information properly
For a local or small business, a vital element is its website. It has all the information about their business and products and is the place where they can convert leads. So, working on optimizing it in the best way is crucial. Here are some tips:
- Instead of creating a domain name with only your business name, use the location as well. So, the link has all the details in itself.
- Each page on your website must-have information like, the business name, logo, phone number, and address.
- Make sure to use keywords in every page title that is relevant to the business and the location and service that they provide.
2. Give attention to technical SEO
In simple terms, crawlers see your website, check for any issues with the link or image or navigation. If unable to find any, they promote your content and give it a better ranking. So, ensuring that your website is worth the time of these crawlers is necessary, and that is where SEO techniques comes in.
SEO techniques is crucial because no matter how amazing your content is if you don’t work on your technical area, the site will not get good numbers. Tips:
- Sitemap: is vital for your site. So, make sure you design one and submit it to Google. Most of the platforms that people use to create a website have some tools for creating a sitemap, use that to your advantage.
- No more old/broken links: Google will not give you a higher ranking if you send your customers links that are old, outdated, or broken. If you do this multiple times, you will get penalized.
- Work on images: You need better images for your website to work. Not only does using appealing images with proper filters and standards which you can get with an image editing tool, but it also helps with SEO. So, make use of the alt tag, and they must have captions and keywords.
3. Work on your link strategy
Having a proper link strategy in place is vital for your local business. Quality links from other websites to yours and vice versa aids in establishing your business, and helps you get better ranking and more traffic. Some tips:
- Hire content writers or work with freelancers for guest blogs. When you write quality blogs for another website, you can get a superior backlink from them.
- Whenever you send out an email or so to your customers, include the link to your website.
- Use all your social media platforms to promote your website. Have the link to your website in the bio. Or case of Facebook, in the captions or for YouTube, in the description as well.
- Whatever method you use for link building, work towards making it authentic. Going for quantity over quality will fail as the backlinks won’t help you get better traffic or higher ranking.
4. Work on keywords
Keywords are the words or phrases of text that a customer uses to search for products that are similar to what you are selling. So, make sure you do your research to find the appropriate keywords and use them in your content throughout.
Work on using local keywords as well. There are quite many tools that can help you with finding the right keywords to use, make use of them.Don’t overuse them as well. Otherwise, the content will look spammy.