Jeddah Tallest Building – Jeddah tower is in Saudi Arabia located on the North side, previously known as kingdom tower. It is 3,280-feet-tall, it have knocked the Dubai’s iconic building Burj Khalifa. Jeddah tower will be crown as a jewel of Jeddah Economic City.
Jeddah Tallest building design was created by American architect Adrian Smith, who also designed the Burj Khalifa he have done many unique structural and aesthetic features. Saudi Arabia prince Al-Waleed bin Tatal is the creator and leader of the project.
- Construction started- 1st April 2013
- Cost- SR4.45 billion
- Management- CBRE Group
- Floor count- 168 (2 basements)
- Floor area- 243,866 m2
Some Facts about the Jeddah Tallest Building
- It will be home to the world’s highest observatory. The structure, formerly known as the Kingdom Tower and surprisingly it will also have a separate, 98-foot-diameter outdoor balcony, as earlier it was intended to be a helped.
- As the building is too big they are not unable to show it realistically in one rendering. Only eye bird view contains the entire project.
- The Jeddah tallest building very big its foundation piles are large as 10 feet in diameter, and they can reach up to 360 feet in length.
- Jeddah Tower has 59 elevators and 12 escalators and one interesting fact is, five of these elevators will be double decker.
- It is made up of all high-tech features. It has a high-performance wall system. Including low-conductivity glass.
Troubles faced in construction.
Construction started in 2013, and in between construction stooped and has been a variety of delays. The prominent investors of the project; a major investor and businessman, Bakr Bin Laden, Saudi Arabia’s Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal and the chairman of Jeddah Tower’s construction company Bin Laden Group.
They all have been caught in up in the anti-corruption eradication so, that’s why the construction have been delayed.
But, the Jeddah Economic Company, the developer confirmed that the project will be completed by 2020, as they have planned.
Mounib Hammou CEO of the Jeddah Economic Company said that, as of 2020, you will start seeing things; you will see the tower, shopping mall and many other things.
It’s gross floor area is of 2.6 million square feet ( 243,866 square meters) more than 252 stories.